• Register Today It's free!

07 Brush guard

crash_6906

Reaction score
City, State
Alma,ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 sport trac
Need some advice guys, looking to put a (relatively inexpensive) brush guard on my 07 Sport Trac. I ran across this brand but can't find anything on the company, no reviews or anything. Just worried that with the cheap price and no info that its not gonna be a good product. Anybody have any experience with this brand at all? or any recommendations for a good brush guard? Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N-Dure-New-...8-/370638437764?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

every brush guard i have seen that covers the front, some how is impacted into the hood.

What do you mean impacted into the hood?

First, I think you should make ask why you want one. Not exactly sure what waskly meant either, but a lot of times ppl get brush guards for "protection," but in reality many times if a brushguard impacts something it will cave back on to your hood causing more damage than originally probable w/o a brushguard.

If you just want one for looks and don't really care, that's fine then. If you're willing to spend ~$400 you can get a SteelCraft that has a lifetime warranty, which is kind of nice (no idea what said warranty is actually worth or how their customer service is, I'm just regurgitating facts).

I would agree that such a cheap price and, more importantly, just randomly on eBay on you can't find other info on the brand is pretty suspicious.

Good luck either way.

Actually I am getting it for protection, I hit a deer in my ST and the insurance gave me plenty of money to have it fixed and some extra that I'm going to spend on a brush guard. I thought of the impact thing too, but every brush guard that I see for ST's all mount the same way.

As for the brand, they're all over the internet with parts for every kind of truck, they just have no official website and I can find no reviews or info about the company. I was really looking into the go rhino guards, but for less than 300, I wonder if this company isn't worth a try.

from the city life, every car with a brush guard that had it, it gets pushed and damaged into the hood. were the hood cant open thats in the way, and you get nice marks on the hood from it.

it wont act like a bumper. to me they do more damage then with out one.

I appreciate it but I live in the country so I shouldn't have that problem.

If you already have damage and haven't fixed it yet, give wanna1 (note the reinforcements on his that pass through the grill hole) or a respected fabricator in your area a call and talk about having them build a full steel or steel-aluminum (steel for essential strength parts, aluminum on less important parts -- this method only if you're weight conscious) bumper.
That way, it'll give real protection (connections to frame can be way more stable than a brushguard's) and no worries about it bending back when/if you hit another deer (or car, etc.).

If you really want a brushguard, go for it. I just think they don't really do what everyone thinks they're intended for.

EDIT - On second thought, if you get the cheaper one that doesn't have a warranty, you can them take it to a fabricator and have them add reinforcements (again, see wanna1's custom guard). Then it'll be plenty stable and shouldn't bend back if you hit a deer, and it'll be cheaper than the $600 ones from Rhino that don't have the extra reinforcements. And since it doesn't come with a warranty, you're not loosing our on anything by modifying it.
Just keep an eye on it for rust and sand/repaint as needed.

I forget the company's name, but there is someone who carries police car accessories and they have grille guards for Gen 3 Explorers that will fit a Gen 2 Trac.

Google is your friend.

Back