07 Ford Explorer Key Programming And New PCM | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 Ford Explorer Key Programming And New PCM

Abed

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 explorer eddie bauer
Hi
I came to the conclusion that I need a new PCM module.
I found a listing on ebay stating that the PCM will be VIN reflashed but will REQUIRE KEY CHIP PROGRAMMING. What does he mean by this? Found some people online saying that you'll need to original keys to do so. unfortunately, I only have one original, the other one is a clone that's been programmed to my current -not functioning- PCM.
Will this be a problem? If it is, how can I overcome that? Want to know before making the purchase?

There is a chip in the key that is programed to your car. My Explorer only came with one key so I called a local mobile lock smith who came to my garage, made a new key and programed it for $50 key included. A Ford dealer can do it but you would have to trailer it there and most likely would cost more.

There is a chip in the key that is programed to your car. My Explorer only came with one key so I called a local mobile lock smith who came to my garage, made a new key and programed it for $50 key included. A Ford dealer can do it but you would have to trailer it there and most likely would cost more.
Yes, I had the same incident a couple of years back and got a 2nd key. My question is that in this case, can I go through with programming the keys after buying the PCM. As I said earlier, the listing stated that 2 original keys are needed. So the keys in my case are considered eligible?

Back