• Register Today It's free!

07 ountaineer milage and problems

mes882

Reaction score
City, State
iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 mountaineer prem
I bought an 07 mountaineer premier awd 4.6l with 48000 miles on it. It was a certified ford. I have owned this suv for about a year now and currently have 58000 miles. I have had several problems with it since I bought it. The first 2-3 months it was at the dealer being fixed more then home. Luckily it was all fixed under the warranty.

It seems to be a good suv Now but the warranty is now expired and wondering what kind of problems I could expect??? How many miles do you have on yours? problems? ect.

I understand all vehicles have there problems but I have had more then my share with this mountaineer. Wondering if I should sell and get something different.

I think it all depends how much you can do yourself. My 06 with 4.6 v8 has 150k miles, still running strong, but requires my "attention" from time to time. Since I do those things myself, and pay just for parts, and I enjoy working on cars, no big deal for me although sometimes I am frustrated. Be ready for wheel bearings on all 4 corners, replace spark plugs ASAP, ABS rings tend to crack, rear wiper gets stuck, needs to be cleaned and greased, brakes, rotors, filters, radiator - all regualr staff in my opinion. What I like about is is that the parts are readily available and reasonably priced. But if you gonna let the shop do all these things for you, it gets expensive.

I can do enough myself general maintenance stuff doesn't bother me. Like brakes,plugs, belt,ect. Also my brother in law is a ford tech so that helps sometimes. Why plugs asap they should be good for 100000 right?? Are the abs rings part of the wheel bearing assembly??

The things they have fixed should not have needed replaced under 50000 miles in my opinion. Like the rear pinion seal, cracked exhaust manifold, climate control display, realign the belt pulleys, replace idler pulley, tbs on transmission shift bump, rear window switch (couldn't open the rear glass), 3rd row seat latch assembly that I did myself. There are some other things too. This is just to give you an idea of what the dealer fixed in the first two months of owning it. I know some of the things are trivial but really under 50000 miles.

Mes -

The ABS rings are pushed on the rear half-shafts. In the front, the ABS sensors are part of the hub assembly.

Talk to your BIL, if he is a ford tech, he'll tell you everything about sparkplugs on 04-08 3 valve triton motors. Yes, they should last 100k, but won't come out easily then.

Also, read about that on this forum , plenty of info.

Back