07 Sport Trac. Airbag warning light. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 Sport Trac. Airbag warning light.

Cb314

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 sport trac limited
Airbag warning light comes on while driving but will go out when I restart the vehicle. 2007 sport trac. any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We have had a lot of problems with bad batteries. If it is low, upon startup it will set the airbag light. Do you have the code?

I do not have the code and don't really know how to get it. Also the cd player quit working will not load / unload or play

Not sure what the code is or how to find out.

Replaced the battery today and the problem is fixed

07 sport trac air bag light

I have the same problem with my air bag kight, When I start it sometimes (maybe 50% of the time) the airbag kight will go out normally, but half the time it comes back on in a few secinds. I had ford look at it and they said it needed a new module..... $475 later, and a week it's doing the same thing, now ford says it's a sensors under the drivers seat and it'll be another $500.
can anyone help me?

MTH, does the light just come on solid or does it blink a code? If it blinks count the blinks. It will be a 2 digit code. Post back.

The light stays on continously, when it comes on. Somtimes when I start the car. the light comes on and goes of normally and stays off untill I shut off the car. About half the time the the light comes on after starting then goes out for a short time (few seconds) then comes on and stays on.
someone posted that they had a similar problem and replaced the batery and that cured the problem. I don't know what the battery has to do with this, but I am not an expert.
Thanks for any help.

It's not flashing a DTC malfunction code then. Low battery voltage will cause your problem which is why it comes on when it's started, goes off when the alternator is charging full on and comes on again as the alt reduces charge...... more or less.

Well, I put a new battery in yesterday and have started the car about 10 times since then and all is well. The air bag light goes off after a few seconds and stays off. If this is the answer to this problem..... why doesn't Ford come out with some kind of a service bulletin.
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but my local Ford dealer said that I needed a drivers side seat sensor and the part cost ~$500.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but my local Ford dealer said that I needed a drivers side seat sensor and the part cost ~$500.

Sooooooooooo a $20 Elite membership here ******for 2 years****** would be quite reasonable ..........wouldn't it! :D:D:D

The Ford dealer told me that the whole seat, padding and mechanism had to be replaced as a unit.
It's been a day and a half since the new battery...... I hope (like others who have blogged about this problem) that it is solved.

Tell your Ford dealer that you will need to check with the EXPLORER FORUM before they make any repairs in the future ! !:thumbsup:

I will seriously consider the "elite" membership..... where can I read about this? as you may know, I've only been on this site for a few days.

well if u want the code then u can give your VIN details to your dealer and get the right code. BTW the airbag light issue is more than normal.Its some minor glitch which won't harm you directly.

The dealer doesn't give you the code, the vehicle does. Do you have any clue as to what you're talking about? Does it work differently in India?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back