Airbag warning light

sneakyd1

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria Heights, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 LIMITED
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the board, so hope someone can help. The airbag warning light has suddenly been activated in my 02 Limited. It flashes, then remains on. This all started after moving the seats as far forward as they wouldd go to haul an oversized item. Could this be related, or merely a coincidence?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I read in another post on this forum that there is a connector under the driver's seat that I think is yellow. Sometimes dirt, or dust build up could get into it, and cause this problem. Do a search in this forum to see the exact post of it. The person that listed the solution said that it happens every once in a while, and just cleaning this connector does the trick.

Interesting... Our VW had airbag light problems that were caused by a bad connection under the drivers seat. Weird!

my suggestion would be to fix it or get it fixed rather soon, mine was on for a while on my 96, never though of it and then got into serius head on collision that totalled the truck and no airbags went off

I had the same Air Bag light issue on my 03 after my wife drove it. She had moved the seat foward. I securely fastened the connector (i think it had yellow wires) with zip ties and the problem was solved.

My 03 Limited also came on when I first got it. Took it to the stealership and they replaced the connector. Haven't had any problems since.

Back