• Register Today It's free!

08 STA Adrenalin Heated Seats

fststang

Reaction score
City, State
milwaukee, wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
OK, so I have an 08 Adrenalin that I decided to put in the factory heated seats. I'm in the process of taking off the leather seat cover and what do I find? The seats actually already have the seat heaters built in under the leather with the wiring connector basically "cut off" from the factory. Now I'm just trying to decide if I should splice the connector on from the new heater pads or just replace them. I find it to be a little crazy that heated seats were not an option, yet basically all the parts were there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone tell me what the part number in full is on the drivers side seat wiring harness? Any 08-10 with heated seats should have the same wiring harness.

yea that's a strange find, but interesting. I can take a look under my seat tomorrow to note the harness PN. Does your truck have the active restraint belt buckles and seat airbags? my '10 has them, and if yours doesnt it would most likely be a different PN..

I do have active buckles and seat airbags in mine as well.

I ended up replacing the seat bottom heaters that were already there since the seat was already apart and out of the truck. That was the easy part.

The seat bottom heaters existed but the seat back heaters were not there, but the foam was already formed to take the seat heater sensor, so Ford could have easily had heatd seats in the 08 but chose not to.

I ordered wiring harnesess from fordparts.com using the VIN number from an 09 Limited that has heated seats thinking that everything would be the same as what I am trying to accomplish.

The passenger side is all installed and I put in the new wiring harness and everything works perfectly.

The drivers side wiring harness that I received had a different main plug than the existing one, so I had to add some wires from that harness to my existing one. So far, I have not been able to get the drivers side to work. I know they make a few different harnesses for these trucks, so I either received the wrong one or I'm going to need to continue to modify my existing one.

The part number of the drivers side harness that I received was 7L2Z-14C719-GA

heated seats

Anyone able to help?

Hey 06bluez, were you able to get the part number. Winter is coming and I would like to get this done.

Sorry man, I took a look under the seat and didn't see any labels with part numbers. Im thinking it might be labeled on the harness once it goes under the flooring, and I'm not up for taking out the seat right now...

I took out the passenger seat to clean things from the slobs that used to own the truck, but haven't had time to tackle cleaning the drivers side yet. If I do I will check on it!

Strange. It should have been labeled by the main plug under the top of the seat. Can you tell me if the main plug connection is black or yellow?

I've got the same situation. 08 STA, loaded except for the heated seats. It was below 0 the past few days and heated seats came to mind every time I get in the truck. Hopefully that part number will show up on this forum. Do you happen to have the part number for the switch(es) themselves? Are there any relays or other components needed or is everything there?

The heated seat switch isn't simply a switch, but rather a double or triple duty switch that will also include windshield or side mirror heat function or a blank for the lack thereof. Its not simply a toggle switch for the left seat and another switch for the right... Should be, but its not.

With heated windshield= part number is 6L2Z-13D730-CAA
W/O heated windshield, W/O heated side mirrors = part number is 6L2Z-13D730-BAA
W/O heated windshield, with heated side mirrors = part number is 9L2Z-13D730-AA

It sounds like the seat bottom already has the warmer installed, albeit the harness is cut... its part number is 6L2Z-14D696-BA. There is another warmer at the bottom of the reclining seatback. Part number for that one is 7L2Z-14D696-A.

It looks like the wiring harness is going to be a PITA unless you have time and patience to study the Ford schematics. Lots of variables - 6 way power, 10 way power, with or without lumbar, etc. It looks like the drivers seat could be 7L2Z-14C719-CA and the passengers side could be 7L2Z-14A699-BA. I'd strongly suggest sitting down face to face with your local parts dept mgr and make sure the right parts are identified.

There are heated seat relays in the underhood box. Grab your owners manual, open the box, stand sideways and see if your truck has metal contacts down inside the spot where the heated seat relays are provisioned. You can also turn the key on and probe around with a meter or test light.

Finding a donor at the salvage will 100% be your best bet.

I've got the same situation. 08 STA, loaded except for the heated seats. It was below 0 the past few days and heated seats came to mind every time I get in the truck. Hopefully that part number will show up on this forum. Do you happen to have the part number for the switch(es) themselves? Are there any relays or other components needed or is everything there?

I finished the install last year and it was pretty simple. You will need the switch, 2 wiring harnesses and the seat heaters. Its all plug and play and took about 3 hours to get it all installed in the driveway. I think I still have all the part numbers I used, so I will take a look when I get home tonight. I have the 10 way drivers side, so as long as you have the same, you should be all set.

Heated Seats 08 STA

Thanks very much for the replies. I'm going to attempt this. I'm pretty sure I have the 10 way seats. Thanks for the switch numbers. I'm still finding it hard to believe that this truck came with NAV, leather, climate control, info center etc and no heated seats when it was subtantially provisioned for that.
I'm loving this truck.
I had a caddy EXT. Huge rig although really nice. I then went to a Subby Baja Turbo stick, (extremes or what). Baja is a pocket rocket. Still have it. Another great rig they stopped making. STA is right in the middle and perfect with the v8 even if it is a gas pig. The EXT was easier on gas.

Did your STA come from the south? I considered several STAs and just when I thought I found a good one, they were either V6 or didn't have heated seats or usually both. Seems to be a rash of those trucks in sunny Florida.

Put your VIN in this tool:
http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

It will create what your original window sticker would have looked like (if you don't already have it). The only thing missing is the selling dealer info in the lower left. But, at the top, near the left, there will be a code. You'll see a state abbreviation (WI, OK, NY, etc) that suggests where the truck went to when sold new.

The truck is Colorado Red and came from Arkansas. Thanks for the sticker info. I checked and the sticker on this was just over 40K with destination charges. No rust whatsoever. Truck looks new and has 60k on it. This truck is loaded with all options but no heated seats/heated sideview mirror or heated windshield. I'm definitely going to try to get factory heated seats going in this, along with factory switches. Still hoping to get the part number for the driver side wiring harness that's needed.
Many STA's in salt zones have the wheel corrosion around the center cap. This one does not. Ford issued a TSB on the issue stating it was a reaction between disimilar metals. (chrome abutting aluminum). They have new replacement center caps so if you've got an STA and have not made the switch you might want to consider it. Let me know if you'd like the TSB info and I'll post.

My 08 STA does not have heated windshield or side mirrors. I went to http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/Page_Product/CheckPart.aspx
where, if you plug in the vin number after a parts search, they tell you whether the part will fit. So, I plugged in the switch part numbers for the switch that for vehicles w/o windshield and mirror heat. ( 6L2Z-13D730-BAA ), then plugged in my vin. Says part won't fit. ?? Is that because my truck did not come with the heated seats to begin with (vin) or because it won't work in this vehicle. ?? Or, their site could be wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry it took so long. We moved a few months ago and it took a while to find the box. Here is the part number for the drivers side harness.

8L2Z-14C719-GA WIRE ASY - MOTOR SEA

Let me know if you need anything else

Did your STA come from the south? I considered several STAs and just when I thought I found a good one, they were either V6 or didn't have heated seats or usually both. Seems to be a rash of those trucks in sunny Florida.

Put your VIN in this tool:
http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

It will create what your original window sticker would have looked like (if you don't already have it). The only thing missing is the selling dealer info in the lower left. But, at the top, near the left, there will be a code. You'll see a state abbreviation (WI, OK, NY, etc) that suggests where the truck went to when sold new.

Thanks for the link I was missing the window decal for my STA. This just confirmed my heated seats are aftermarket not factory.

Whoever accomplished this task can you make a list of what is needed and all part numbers. I am guessing I need the back heating element, new wiring harness, new switch to replace my heated wind shield and mirrors switch and fuses in the fuse box under the hood. If I am correct let me know this should be less than 200 bucks for one seat can't pass that up my ass has been freezing up here in jersey. :)

Passenger harness

FSTSTANG- This thread refers to two different possible passenger side wiring harnesses for 08 STA. Which did you find to be the correct one? I think your truck is same as mine. Also, will I need to do anything under the hood with relays? If relay slots are empty, are they wired such that all that is needed is/are the relay(s) ?
Thanks very much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used part number 8L2Z14A699CA. No relays of fuses were needed. Everything existed. If you need a switch, there is one on eBay right now. That's where I got mine.

Back