1,100 Miles and MyFord Touch Already Dead | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1,100 Miles and MyFord Touch Already Dead

I purchased my Explorer in May. It now has 14,000 miles on it. It had MFT 2.8 and I updated it to 2.11 when it first came out. MFT has never been perfect for me, constantly resetting, one day it knows my phone next day it doesn't. I have times the screen won't turn off and then finally it goes through a scheduled maintenance and of course we all know that means a crash. I have gotten to where I look forward to that happening because it at least works decent for a while after this occurs.... Until another crash is needed. As my car gets older, it appears my MFT is getting worse. Of course they tell me to bring it in and they will take a look at it and I can tell the dealer knows less about it than I do and I dont blame them. I am extremely disappointed is ford with MFT. There is no way they can make this right without starting over all together with the software. What is frustrating to me is I had a 2008 explorer with the first sync version on it. Using the Nav, iPod, phone were so much better. It didn't look as cool but it worked. I assumed they made improvements and they haven't. I actually miss my old sync system. Every time that commercial comes on about the mkx saying your car could be smarter than you I crack up. What an exaggeration. My car is as unreliable as they get.

Back