10/12/02 Desert Run Trip Report and Photos | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

10/12/02 Desert Run Trip Report and Photos

Next possible run...

I told Dan that we had to check out more mines in the area, and he agreed that we should look around at different trails as well. So, we are thinking about checking out Carlsye Mine, Iron Age mine, and Supply Mine along with the "Stairstep" trail that we kept pointing at which ran along the base of two separate mountains. The "Stairstep" looks to be the biggest challenge for our group, and it should be fun as well.

My next 3 day weekend is the weekend of the 9th of November. Saturday, Sunday and Monday are all open. Maybe we could check out most of the lower desert region that whole weekend, and make 3 complete days out of it? Let me know what you are all thinking...

Dan also wants to invite Desert Rat along. He wrote one of the web sites on Carlyse Mine and this guy knows quite a bit about trails and mines we haven't seen yet.

How about Thanksgiving weekend? Since I'm coming from the SF area I'd need at least a three day weekend and that's the soonest.

Thanksgiving is supposed to be spent w/my significant other up in San Simeon going to Hearst Castle, checking out the dining in that area, and just relaxing. Maybe we can plan for another holiday weekend...there are several more coming up!

New Pictures

I finally got some pictures on my web site from the Oct 12 Old Dale Mining District tour.

Check out the great high desert scenery and terrain that makes this run so much fun.

http://www.meenahan.com/olddale/index.html

CRW_1127.jpg

-Mark

Back