'13 Sport Review | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'13 Sport Review

NimbleNadzz; You can easily remove the dealer decal very quickly and easily by using a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice, except the dealers brand slapped on it. Take that crap off!! :)
I started to take a look at it because I had a similar reaction... Then, worry over doing damage during the process of removal took over :(

ExplorerUSA said:
NimbleNadzz; You can easily remove the dealer decal very quickly and easily by using a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive.
Thanks ExplorerUSA - I will be trying this out tonight!

I think when mine comes I will debadge the whole thing

The pics make me even more excited to get mine. Best pics of the black sport on the web thus far.

2014 Explorer Sport

The pics make me even more excited to get mine. Best pics of the black sport on the web thus far.

I just got my new 2014 and as a previous 2011 limited owner I'm very impressed. Say what you want about mileage, (I'm getting 16.8/22.3 ish) the performance is what is needed for this vehicle. I have to say my 2011 was a bit anemic and a little disappointing. The power, especially in the mid-range, say, doing 30 and punch is awesome. The handling is much better as well. This is the suspension and performance you would expect from this class of SUV. I think regardless, Ford should put the limited on this suspension platform in future years, it's not harsh by any stretch, just very competent.

Back to mileage, I don't know if the police version engine (3.7L) would such more or less fuel but I think there are many of us who appreciate the performance and hope ford can tweak this a bit in future models.

Colors, I do wish they offered Grey, I think silver and white are a little stark with the blackout trim.

Over-all, this is a nice performance upgrade over previous versions.

Back