1354 Push button to Manual

Kirby N.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ranger
All right, getting ready to do the swap. I have the manual tcase comming, but I have no linkage. Does anybody know if the linkage off a 1350 will fit on a 1354?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look at the three diffrent levers that I have in my gallery, in the description I have written some notes that should help you out.
Joe

Thanks Joe! I just need to figure out which one I got now. Those pics help alot!

Kirby

I got my shift lever out of a ranger. But I couldn't find the shift lever boot for the manual shifter on a vehicle with an automatic column shifter.

I have the manual shifter boot for a manual t-case and manual tranny if you need one.

I also have a few of the shift forks that bolt onto the t-case.

I got the shift boot from Brett, so I am good. I do need the forks though. I have a shifter out of a 83 ranger. Hopefully it will work. If not then it looks like from those pics that I could find one pretty easy that would work. I was a little worried because 1354 equipped junkers are not easy to find here, but the 1350'd rangers are a dime a dozen. I think the pic and pull has like 20 rangers and 1 completely vultured out explorer. I know it is different all over though. In dallas, the yard that was 20 minutes from my house had 2 navajos, believe it or not! I wish that yard was still that close!

By forks, do you mean everything but the lever or what? I might just need to wait until I can see it...

the one in red circle

Attachments

• 9883tc_shift_assy.jpg
    9883tc_shift_assy.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 348

OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I will see if I can find the rest of that stuff then (minus the boot). Did you get the pics I sent?

Yes it looks nice. Btw I just finally picked up the t-case and will check it out tonight and make sure all is hunky dory with it, but first I have a radiator to look at.

Sounds good.

Kirby,

How do you like it so far? 5 speed in?
I believe you have my old 5 speed, should work well for you, it was just rebuilt and worked great when I yanked it......Brett is the man when it comes to getting you what you need for this stuff.

Jamie

Jaime,

It works great man. I really like the way it works. Shifts nice and everything. Just what I wanted- no more auto stuff I dont understand! (Just manual stuff I don't understand).I like Brett, he is a great guy and really knows his stuff. Good resource. Looks like we might go wheeling, too bad you moved to cali...

Kirby

Back