• Register Today It's free!

15 PIU Horn Not Working

Kikinz24

Reaction score
City, State
Youngstown, ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer base
Ok I'm trying to get my explorer all finished up and put together (was wrecked).. my horn will not work the horns are good I checked the direct to a battery. All my fuses are good. I pulled the harness from the master harness out to the horns all looks good. I really need to get this working or it will not pass inspection which is coming up 1 week from Monday

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any way to check that the horn buttons on the steering wheel are working?

Peter

There isn't a button per say. The entire airbag pushes the framing to ground. I checked the wire there from a power source when pressed in it makes contact.

There isn't a button per say. The entire airbag pushes the framing to ground. I checked the wire there from a power source when pressed in it makes contact.
Yes, that is what I meant by 'buttons'. So I'm guessing that when you press the area on the steering wheel that you don't get continuity to the wires that connect to the horn.
I only see one fuse and that is #22 for the Horn Relay. Could it be a bad relay?

Peter

Download the ford police interceptor modifier's guide. Chances are the horn wire loop was cut to interface a siren and was not reconnected upon detach.

22 is actually a fuse. And it is good. Jmr061 I think that may be the culprit any clue where I can find that info of where they do that guide at??. I had to rewire my brake lights and reverse lights bc they just cut the wires when they removed the strobes I would assume

22 is actually a fuse. And it is good. Jmr061 I think that may be the culprit any clue where I can find that info of where they do that guide at??. I had to rewire my brake lights and reverse lights bc they just cut the wires when they removed the strobes I would assume
The fuse may be good but what about the horn relay? I'm guessing that is a separate item controlled by the fuse?

Peter

The fuse may be good but what about the horn relay? I'm guessing that is a separate item controlled by the fuse?

Peter
According to the diagrams in the owners manual there is no actual relay... which I am kind shocked by most cars have a fuse and a relay

I second the idea that they may have disconnected the horn to tie the siren/air horn into the steering wheel. Start looking for cut wires somewhere.

Just google ford police interceptor modifier's guide.

Well as suspected the wire was cut out I soldiered it back together and the horn works as it should. Thanks everyone for the help

check behind second row seat for siren control module . if module is gone than wires for horn loop will have to be reconfigured

It was a a cut wire under the dash where the police console was

Back