• Register Today It's free!

17" Winter Tire Wheels

CanAdrenalin

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
So my winter tires are on black steel wheels, looking to make a slight "upgrade" to slightly more stylish rims.

Can anyone recommend a 17" wheel with 5x114.3 bolt pattern?

A local dealer in the classified ads is selling MSR wheels for $440 for the set.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought these. I liked them so much I dipped my factory rims and they became my winter wheels. I also threw on a set of boss knock off spinners. They look sharp. They are 17"s with an center bore adapter.
http://www.bossmotorsports.com/custom_chrome_wheels.cfm?id=1918&cat=466
boss_336_gray_machine_lip_std_300.png

These are the spinners.

s-l1000.jpg

Nice... I like those too...

sengen5hblkm2_zpshpgv3mod.jpg

Wheels Specification

Model - Sengen

Size - 17 "x 7.5 "

Bolt Pattern - 5x114.3

Offset +40mm

Finish- Full Matt Black

Will these work??

I think +45mm offset is max on these things and stock is 44mm I do believe. I put the minimum +25 on mine and they stick out just to the end of the fender flairs. Gives it a bit of a wider stance and its within spec so it wont screw up my suspension geometry.
Confirm the centre bore before you buy, just to make sure its big enough. Usually they make it quite a bit bigger than stock, and you just buy rings to make it fit. Also the explorer uses a hub-centric pattern so you have to make sure you have the proper fit to the rim. I had a set of aluminum rings made for mine.

How about any of the 17x8" Mustang Cobra wheels from 1994 to 2004. Those SN95 wheels should all be in the 32mm offset range. That's about 1/2" outboard more than the 44mm offset. I don't know if that will work for yours, but the last poster sounded like it may.

There were many different styles, all should be reasonable if you find them. I'm leaning to a late 90's version, but not liking the rarity of the one I'm after, and refinished they run near to $150 each.

They do, Before I bought the boss rims I had a line on a set of mustang rims I was going to use but the guy sold them before I could pick them up. The mustang rims have the same centre bore so no need for rings.

Back