1991 explorer slight front lift need help | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer slight front lift need help

here is pic of front
1991exploderfront.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

side u can see the diff in lift
91exploder.jpg

Looks good man.yea shackles will level that out

i wanna paint it flat black and i already tinted windows, and tinted turns, and painted a ranger grill black and installed

looks good , i liked it when i seen it for sale , would you consider selling that front bumper by chance ?

no sorry i didnt like it at first but it has grew on me it gives it that off road look seeing its got 8's on it. i was stoked when i got it the whole reason i never had explorer before is i hate automatics and finally found a 5 speed 4wd

here is front after i blacked it out
0121121504_01.jpg

Do I understand you are getting rid of your old wheels and they are 16"?

I'm looking to get a second set of wheels for the m/t tires and I want 16s for the tire options.

i am not sure yet i like them and i would like to keep them as a back up set

went and bought shackles today hopefully get them installed this weekend

went and bought shackles today hopefully get them installed this weekend

If your bolts aren't stuck from rust, doing shackles should take about 15 minutes.

i had the leafs out last weekend doing the soa then switched it back due to rear sitting up too high cant go to the shop til tomorrow night and we got lifts there so thinking it will be easier there thank all yall for the advice this forum is awesome

is the drop pitman arm off a f150 same on explorer? i got one for a 6 inch lift off a 1991 f150. i was thinking i might wanna keep it if it will fit

Im pretty sure they use the same gear box.

awesome. so if i get the axle pivot brakets, and do a soa, and bigger coils i would have around 6 inches right?

Depending of spring sag,yea your be close

i have 3" body and only 2.5" susp lift but it gave me almost 3" in front , i have auto zone shackles and air shocks in rear , should be the same height as mine if you do 6" up front and soa in rear

and if i have sag then i could do add a laef right?

bruce'sexpo: i might wait a little while to do my lift, i just bought some 31's and might run them for awhile before i lift hope to post pics of explorer with shackles tomorrow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shackles installed it looks very close to level now, this was before i re-adjusted the shackles
101_0392.jpg

101_0393.jpg

this is final height for now, just need to find some 15x10's
101_0394.jpg

Back