1991 explorer slight front lift need help | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer slight front lift need help

so i have looked at the tire chart and i am wondering about 15x10 wheels? i atleast want to clear 31's maybe 32's but chart does not mentiion 10" wide wheels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good to me:)

so i have looked at the tire chart and i am wondering about 15x10 wheels? i atleast want to clear 31's maybe 32's but chart does not mentiion 10" wide wheels.

why do you want 15x10?how wide of a tire do you have or want to run?

31x10.5x15 or 32x11.5x15. i need to trade my 35's for something smaller i guess lmao

i want 15x10's cause i like the look better. i just hate something with skinny wheels. but thats just my opinion.

do you have 10"wide rims now?i wouldnt run that wide of a rim on the skinny of a tire.a smaller rim width would help keep a tire bead better wile offroading or in general.

i want 15x10's cause i like the look better. i just hate something with skinny wheels. but thats just my opinion.

i agree to but with larger tires and larger sidewalls you need alittle smaller rim.i wouldnt go 10 unless you get up to 12.5+.only real way to tell if they fir is to put them on and if they dont add more lift,or trim;)

with 32's it would be ok right? no i am ordering D windows when i get my taxes back.

ok thank you jd4242. you have been very helpful in this recent project. I am far from done with this ex though.

with 32's it would be ok right? no i am ordering D windows when i get my taxes back.

to me a 32x11.50 on a 15x10 rim is going to rub,but may not.

here is a pic of the custom shifter. this pic was taken day i got the ex, so carpet has been cleaned 3x. I believe i will still have to order new carpet.
1 1/4 wrench
101_0388.jpg

ok thank you jd4242. you have been very helpful in this recent project. I am far from done with this ex though.

no problem.o ive just giving up on the thought that mine will ever be done,always something;) lol

here is a pic of the custom shifter. this pic was taken day i got the ex, so carpet has been cleaned 3x. I believe i will still have to order new carpet.
1 1/4 wrench
101_0388.jpg

SWEET:Dthats awesome!!

i thought about putting a stock one on, but it grows on you.

this is a set of wheels i picked up the other day, do you think i could clear 32's?
101_0433.jpg

I think your clear them where you need to.thats a sharp looking truck,good pic ;)

looks good Pb , truck looks good closer up

My $.02

Paint the rims. Gunmetal, black, or ebony chrome.

Oh yeah, white walls never stay white unless they stay in the garage. Turn 'em around.

i clean the wheels and tires about every 3 days they still look good so far dont plan on keeping them too long hoping i can get 32's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey man i want those wheels when you get different ones !

Back