1992 Aerostar. My A/C compressor clutch stopped working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1992 Aerostar. My A/C compressor clutch stopped working.

jlh3rd

Reaction score
City, State
new cumberland, pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 aerostar
ok ...my 92 had a bad schraeder valve in the ac system....air would work fine until it ran out of freon......so i fixed the valve, vacuumed system, it held a vacuum.....so i began to charge the system.......compressor began to cycle off and on .......and then it quit cycling.........static system pressure is about 60-70 psi...fuse in the fuse block is good......the cycling switch tests good...i bypassed this switch and compressor would still not come on......somewhere there is supposed to be a fuseable link., where exactly is that...and where is the w.o.t. switch......and is there another fuse somewhere......i thought i remembered replacing some other fuse one time..........this kinda stuff makes me pull my hair out .....

Don't get confused by the massive amount of information that you will read. Your thread was renamed to add more details about the issue. Let's start with the basics. There should be full battery voltage on the compressor clutch when you bypass the low pressure cycling switch. If there is no power, then get a schematic, and back track the system. Check the fuse & relay. Apply 12 volts directly onto the clutch to see if it engages.

well.....it appears that by pulling and putting the w.o.t. relay back in , the "problem" is fixed....i had cleaned those relays a few years ago and used dielectric grease for further protection.....

Back