• Register Today It's free!

1994 ex wont start!!!

Fordexplorerguy1

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
My 94 ex has been sitting since october, Now im back around to it and I went to start it NOTHING! I couldnt hear the pump come on so i removed the pump and bench tested it and it works so i put it back in but i have it rigged to the battery with a switch for testing purposes So when I go again to start the truck with the fuel pump on nothing! I did mix around the relays but i dont know if that caused it. My battery is dead too and I am having to Jump start it just to crank it, I also just put new spark plugs in it back in december too. What could cause the fuel pump not to work, Its not the fprelay because I switched it and it still didnt work. and what could cause it not to fire? Much help please!!!!!! :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So your saying that bypassing the fuel pump relay would cause the truck not to work? and also where is the fuel pump ground?

no i dont,

Sometimes a bad relay can be ID'd by tapping on it lightly. The bad relay's contacts stick, and tapping on them can jar them back to (temporary) working order.

I've used a screwdriver handle in the past. Tap on it like you're knocking on a door.

If it starts afterwards, you've confirmed the relay is bad, and can easily and inexpensively be replace.

Back