1994 explorer heating but not over heating | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 explorer heating but not over heating

kdogg212001

Reaction score
City, State
stockton, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
on my 94xlt i have always had this issue! i will be driving down the road vehicle at operating temperature and it runs fine. but i will be getting some hot air moving through the vents and i am assuming its from the engine! another little thing i have noticed is that my engine compartment is really hot! i have a 4guage power line that had a AGU Fuse holder on it and not only did the fuse blow the holder melted from the heat under the hood as well as the heat from the power line! keep in mind the fuse never blew! just melted! CRAZY! any help on cooling down the engine compartment?

Remove the sound deadening material under the hood, it's nothing but an insulation blanket that holds in heat ....

You will get more motor noise but your under hood temps will drop

well i mean it didn't always do this. removing that insulation will create noise............ i was thinking that maybe something is running hotter then usual? i think i am going to make a new post on getting some ideas for creating a scoop for my 94 xlt. i have a spare hood that i can use! i think i will do that right now!

Back