1994 Ford Explorer is unable to start. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Ford Explorer is unable to start.

kenneth turner

Reaction score
City, State
phoenix,az
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 1994 ford explorer that won't start? I put a ignition coil in and it won't start? could it is my ignition switch?? it will turn the starter over but it won't start. the ignition switch also seem's not to work!!! what could keep this truck from starting?? also the fuel pump is not working and it's a new fuel pump please help!!!!

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed, and moved your thread into the stock 91-94 section. Do you have a fuel pump & ignition kill alarm system? Do you see a check engine light when you turn the key?

I have a 1994 ford explorer that won't start? I put a ignition coil in and it won't start? could it is my ignition switch?? it will turn the starter over but it won't start. the ignition switch also seem's not to work!!! what could keep this truck from starting?? also the fuel pump is not working and it's a new fuel pump please help!!!!

if your fuel pump isnt working then a coil and ignition switch wouldnt be part of your problem.....

check fuel pump ground and power wires, make sure they are intact and the ground is makeing good contact

check the fuel relay, if you replaced the pump the relay should have been replaced as well just to be safe.

check inertia switch, sometimes they get jostled or just plain mess up.

also make sure to check fuse's.

just go down a list of everything that could cause a fuel pump to not work, replaceing a windshield wiper wont help if your brakes arent working, ya know?

Back