1996 Explorer Sport Radio Cassette to ipod | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 Explorer Sport Radio Cassette to ipod

XedLos

Reaction score
City, State
Souther California
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport
Ok so i tried connecting my iphone to my car stereo through a cassette to 3mm jack. The thing is that at first its fine and i can get my music to play but at a certain point the radio changes the cassette to the other side. SO its playing and all of a sudden it pauses and changes tape sides and then plays again. Then it trys to change sides again and it ejects the cassette. I have a stock radio, is there anything i can do to not have my radio eject the cassette?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would try a new tape adapter. Try a friends if you can.

Do normal cassettes play ok in your deck? You may have a broken or slipping belt in the cassette deck and when the deck sees the spool hub not turning, it thinks it's at the end of the tape and tries playing the other side.

The adapter works fine on another car. I will try to play a regular tape if i can find one

i-device to stock Ford radio adapter

Ok so i tried connecting my iphone to my car stereo through a cassette to 3mm jack. The thing is that at first its fine and i can get my music to play but at a certain point the radio changes the cassette to the other side. SO its playing and all of a sudden it pauses and changes tape sides and then plays again. Then it trys to change sides again and it ejects the cassette. I have a stock radio, is there anything i can do to not have my radio eject the cassette?

You may want to try a wireless FM transmitter. It's about the same price as the cassette adapter and has much more fidelity. Only downside is finding an available frequency. Some major markets have stations that cover all the available frequencies, especially in Metro NYC.

I believe there is also a wireless FM transmitter on the market that is a Bluetooth patch making the entire thing wireless, although not sure how long the battery lasts.

i had the same problem, i had to go through 3 adapters before it worked, try another adapter, if you bought yours from Advance buy one from Autozone, or vice versa

Kind of an old thread but I had this problem when I had the stock stereo and it did it with a couple different vehicles so what I did was take the cassette apart and take the wheels out and then after it worked fine.

Back