1997 Explorer Unlocks but wont lock, why??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Explorer Unlocks but wont lock, why???

williams.cory

Reaction score
City, State
Rust Filled, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 5.0
I have a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer with 210,000 miles. Ever since i have bought it, it has been like this. All the doors will unlock with the switchs on the drivers side, passenger side, and even in the rear. But, they will not lock with the driver and passenger switchs, but they will lock if i use the rear lock switch. I want to get a key fob but im unsure if the fob will even lock the doors. But why will it not lock? ive looked all over and cant seem to find what the problem is.....

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh and also, the doors wont lock with the keyless entry pad. They will inlock witht the code, but its the same thing as with the other door locks. Thanks for any help!!!

mine does the same thing

all my switches work all 3 of them lock and unlock the door keyless only unlocks with fac code and the key fob will only unlock but if u hit the lock button twice it honks the horn can i get any help 2001 eddie

Back