1997 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 - Low Miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 - Low Miles

fast_dave

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
East Bay - Nor Cal / PRK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Spt 4.0 OHV 5 spd 4x4
Not Mine - Just Passing this along for you 5.0 Fans!
Pooped up on Craigslist 1/2 hour ago - Rust Free SF Bay Area Explorer
I'm not an Elite Explorer so I can't post in For Sale - Probably Better it's here anyway as we get more "traffic" here.
Step up rust belt state guys ;)

Link: 1997 Ford Explorer Limited - Low Miles

1997 Ford Explorer Limited - Low Miles
BLACK w/ Grey Leather
5.0 V8
Automatic
AWD - All Wheel Drive
102K Miles
Runs fantastic
AC Ice cold
All leather
Power everything
Sunroof
Smogged and with a clean title!

$2800.00 firm. Cash only. Serious buyers with cash in hand only. Available to view in Pleasant Hill
925X285X8725

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That'll go quick, bet on it, 102K is nothing for a V8 Explorer.

Wow...that is a beauty!

I know, I wish my 96 was that clean, it's dark green though and typical clear is coming off, at 98K miles on mine though I'm going to think about repainting.

WOW! I wish I had that in my garage!

There was a beige '97 4 door XLT on CL last week that looked clean and complete. It was an OHV 4.0L and the ad said it ran and drove. The seller only wanted $50 for it. It didn't have a title, but I'm not sure that matters in GA because I don't think GA will even issue titles on vehicles that are 20 years old or older. I always suspect a title pawn when I read "no title".

Anything with no title, I'm pretty sure you can't legally sell, unless you're the junkyard, then you can get a rebuilt title. Amazes me that seller didn't just scrap the truck, $50 was awfully cheap for something that most junkyards would've done $150 on, unless it had a bad title loan on it, or was stolen.

Anything with no title, I'm pretty sure you can't legally sell, unless you're the junkyard, then you can get a rebuilt title. Amazes me that seller didn't just scrap the truck, $50 was awfully cheap for something that most junkyards would've done $150 on, unless it had a bad title loan on it, or was stolen.

I'm pretty sure something was fishy with that truck. I don't think you can even scrap a vehicle w/out a title. IDK how plays into vehicles 20 year's old or older. Anyway, it was gone from CL the next day.

I'm pretty sure something was fishy with that truck. I don't think you can even scrap a vehicle w/out a title. IDK how plays into vehicles 20 year's old or older. Anyway, it was gone from CL the next day.

I take that back. It's still there and it's a '95. Looks like about 246K on the odo.
1995 Ford Explorer

Yeah, I know someone who purchase a SUPER CLEAN 2000 Sport. This thing was beautiful. He bought it for $250 without a title and pulled the motor to put in his son's Ranger. It was a damn shame. :(

Damn if only... I want a grille like that on mine. LOL

I just installed a Limited grill on my '98 XLT that I pulled off a very clean Pearl White '96 at the local U Pull. Shot it with some Dupli-color rattle can paint to match the Light Prairie Tan exterior on mine. Turned out great and love the new look! So much so, that I pulled the lower bumper valance and am trying to figure out a tasteful way to blend that in with the existing side trim and rear chrome bumper. My truck is also sporting the mint leather seats, door panels, console, belts and most of the interior plastic to match. Almost like getting a new vehicle...and, all for around $250 (gotta love the cheap U Pull prices)!

Would still jump all over this black Limited if it were closer and it looks as nice up close as it does in the pics.

I just installed a Limited grill on my '98 XLT that I pulled off a very clean Pearl White '96 at the local U Pull. Shot it with some Dupli-color rattle can paint to match the Light Prairie Tan exterior on mine. Turned out great and love the new look! So much so, that I pulled the lower bumper valance and am trying to figure out a tasteful way to blend that in with the existing side trim and rear chrome bumper. My truck is also sporting the mint leather seats, door panels, console, belts and most of the interior plastic to match. Almost like getting a new vehicle...and, all for around $250 (gotta love the cheap U Pull prices)!

Would still jump all over this black Limited if it were closer and it looks as nice up close as it does in the pics.

@XLTrunner

It was 84 Degrees here yesterday, and about 4 PM I was walking through a parking lot to enter Grocery Outlet in Pleasant Hill. I saw this Ex drive out of the parking lot, windows rolled up, A/C on. It was clean enough to eat off of it - shiny clean rims and paint. You don't see many 2nd Gen All Black Ex's, so it caught my eye. It had a small "for sale" sign in the rear tailgate window. And "YES" it is as clean as it looks in the pictures. The owner takes care of it and it shows.

I bought a 99 in January that had 99k on it. It was the owners 3rd vehicle and only was driven in rain and bad weather. Has some hail dings but not bad. No rust anywhere. Only thing I hate is the tan interior and the sunroof. Paid $2300. I got 265k miles from my 01 so I figure I’ve got another 15 years with this one.

Back