1997 Ford Explorer Seat

AndreaBR

Reaction score
City, State
Brasil
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer V6 OHV
Hi,
I am looking to buy the used seat on the 1997 Ford Explorer in grey.
Only the bottom (fabric) as shown in the image.
Shipping to Pennsylvania.
Thanks in advance for any help.

20210925-165455.jpg

20210925-165446.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If all else fails, some junkyards with online inventory will ship to you, and some are cheaper than ebay. My local yard has a range of prices, not sure which applies for the upholstered cushion but as examples they list an entire seat as $32, seat cushion full $23, seat cushion half $12.49, with one problem being if their idea of "good" condition is the same as yours. Granted this is a u-pick-n-pull yard, having them do the work might raise the prices.

If all else fails, some junkyards with online inventory will ship to you, and some are cheaper than ebay. My local yard has a range of prices, not sure which applies for the upholstered cushion but as examples they list an entire seat as $32, seat cushion full $23, seat cushion half $12.49, with one problem being if their idea of "good" condition is the same as yours. Granted this is a u-pick-n-pull yard, having them do the work might raise the prices.
I've tried it in some junkyards, but they only ship the seat complete with engine and backrest and this way the shipping cost is too high.
Do you have any available?
The passenger seat is always in better condition and I think the upholstery can be used on the driver's side seat

Sorry no I don't have any spare seats.

Since you made the post at all I imagine it looks worse in person than your picture can convey but from what I see, it doesn't look that bad. I would have tried shampooing it and just stitching up the torn edge with gray carpet thread.

Hi,
I am looking to buy the used seat on the 1997 Ford Explorer in grey.
Only the bottom (fabric) as shown in the image.
Shipping to Pennsylvania.
Thanks in advance for any help.

View attachment 342843
View attachment 342844
You can remove the seat cover and locate a seamstress with a darning machine. A good one will have a wide assortment of thread colors.

eBay is a good source for used seats

Or replacement factory covers

Back