1997 Ranger Front Spring

soak12

Reaction score
City, State
Philipsburg, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ranger
Hello,

I have a 1997 Ranger that I bought used, with 20K miles on it. It is in great shape. The wheels were pulling so took it to Midas for an alignment. The manager there told me that the front springs are sagging, causing the wheels to be out of alignment. He showed me that when he pushed up on the vehicle front, they got close to being straight. He told me to change the springs.

I have been going to this Midas for many years now and they have not been dishonest. The vehicle apparently was owned by an old couple who didn't drive it much, given it is 8 years old and has just 20K miles on it. Could the springs have sagged from just sitting around without being driven? Or is it just the age?

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

--Shan.

that don't sound right. They should be able to align it without you replaing the springs. A 97 should not need its springs replaced.

they should be able to align it for sure, it may require camber shims. But if your springs have sagged I agree new coils or space up the current coils a bit would be the absolute best option, but if you insist they can align it as it sits
I would first ensure both coils are seated int he buckets properly and that everything up front looks okay.

Back