1999 Explorer XLT - Stock Fog Light Socket/Harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Explorer XLT - Stock Fog Light Socket/Harness

I'm trying to find some harnesses/pigtails that plug into the factory fog light plug on a '99 XLT.

I've replaced my bumper with an RLC (LOVING IT!), and want to install new foglights, but use the factory wiring.

I just found some a few days ago, but somehow lost the link and can't remember what they're called.

Anyone able to help me out? These would be a two-wire harness/pigtail that has the same socket/receptacle that the factory fog light H1 bulb holder has.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something like these:

Aptiv Delphi Metri-Pack Wire Harness H1 Fog Light Bulb Pigtail Female Socket Fit | eBay

The yellow plug end is what's hanging from my front end with the stock bumper/fogs removed. The black plug end is what I'm looking for.

Of course, worst case scenario is that I could just buy those in the link, and clip the plug end I don't need, but when I found them a week or so ago, I found a lot of options, and would like to know exactly what I am looking for is called.

H1 male socket.

H1 Male Socket.jpg

Using the stock wiring and switch for aux lights is what I am planning on doing. Eventually, once I finish fixing everything (as if that will ever end). I got rid of the plastic lower bumper and fog light area long ago. Why wire up your own relays and stuff when Ford did it for you? And included a nice switch on the dash, lol.

Discovered the stock fog light male/female harness assembly is just a standard 2-way Metri-Pack connector. Should be easy to source.

Yea, I know old thread, but I'm bored at work so deal with it... hehe

I just found the plug and wire for the OEM foglights, then spliced the wires from the new aftermarket fogs to those. Easy Peasy.

That's exactly what I did for mine, just swapped connectors for the old factory ones and boom, some nice fogs with DRLs. Easy and worth it

20220323_105631.jpg

Back