1999 Ford Ranger turn signals gradually quit working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Ford Ranger turn signals gradually quit working.

alex zolo

Reaction score
City, State
henderson ,tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford ranger
my 99 rangers turn signals gradually stopped working. at first i could manually move the lever up and down and the blinders would work. that lasted for months and now they won't blink at all. hazards work . i have checked all fuses. i replaced the multifunction switch and get the same results. i have not had blinkers for months now, don't know if it is related but now my battery keeps loosing it's charge, i have tested the alternator and it is good.

there is only one flasher for hazards and turn signals , could it be bad and the hazards still work?

i had a uhual towing light thing installed over 3 years ago, could the problem be there?

i took apart my original MFS, can i get a diagram to show me how the components fit back together? i want to try and return the one i just bought.

please help

...When searching for electrical faults I try to disconnect add on's to rule them out of the equation...

...:scratch:..I would start at the added on
uhual towing light thing
...You may have a short or ground problem in that area...From what it sounds like you might have a melted wire or connector...:dunno:

...When searching for electrical faults I try to disconnect add on's to rule them out of the equation...

...:scratch:..I would start at the added on ...You may have a short or ground problem in that area...From what it sounds like you might have a melted wire or connector...:dunno:

thanks. i have looked it over and can't find anything out of place. i will try again

Back