Ranger Signal light question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger Signal light question

joed71

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new here. I am having a problem with the signal lights on my 2002 ranger 4x4. When I turn on either the left or right signal lights the 4x4 indicator lights in the dash also blink. The signals stopped working about a week and a half ago right after I had taken it in for inspection. I tried the fuses they were good I replaced the flasher which I also believe was good then I got into the multi function switch on the column. It looked to me like some of the wires had been moved around as 4 of the lock tabs for the wires in the top plug were broken off and the wires were loose. I jumped the wires to confirm my fuses and bulbs were good, all checked out to be working. I rearranged the wires in the plug and was able to get my signals working again but now I have no hazard flashers and my 4x4 indicator lights blink with the signals. Does anyone have any ideas. I don't want to jump to the conclusion that the garage did it. ( recently changed out a front wheel bearing as my truck failed inspection and I didn't want to pay them 800 dollars to do it). the problems with the lights happened soon after(I think I don't know if I just didnt notice it) any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am very mechanically inclined and usually fix all of my own stuff but this one really has me stumped. I also bought a new multi function switch and it still did the same thing. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions and sorry if this is a bit long.

Need help with turn signals

I have a 99 Ford Ranger 4x4 and the turn signals stopped working. Replaced relay switch, checked fuses and put new multi ###tion switch on and still not working. Can someone help me...I'm getting fed up!
Thanks, Jack from Maine:usa:

Back