1st gen custom grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st gen custom grille

I doubt this pic will work, if not, you can check out my custom grille at

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/453930/4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool, looks good :cool:

Looks pretty good! Glad to see something different.

Yeah, the whole truck is gettin painted wednesday, including the grille itself, so it wont look all multi-colored :)

I see you are in Duluth too. Where are you getting it painted?

Im doin it myself. I graduated from LSC in auto body and this year I am going back for production shop, where you basically do you own thing. I painted it today, it doesnt look half bad. (it looks all bad) It needs a good color sanding and buffing.

Sorry, no more pics of the girls yet.

/99sport/ - what do you do in duluth?

I'm just in high school right now.

I saw the rest of your pics... you got some skills, man. Good job! Have you ever thought of doing serious body modifications like... say, a Roll Pan?

Damn this talk of roll pans always haunting me. Id like to yes, but I havent decided how much I want my hitch yet. Im tryin to figure out a custom setup, like mount the hitch behind the l.p. box of the pan so I could still put on the hitch if i needed it. I dunno..................

So you laid fiberglass over the very outside of the original grille to strengten and then cut the middle out of aluminum?

Well kinda. I took the factory grille, and cut out the middle of that. Then I laid the fb over the remaining frame, to cover the spots I cut off and to cover the grinder scratches from taking off the chrome. Then yes, I cut the new center out of 1/8 aluminum. Ill take some pics an how I fasten the insert to the frame if youd like.

You said you were painting it, got any pics yet?

notta, but i do have A LOT of wetsanding to do...........

Sweet grill!

Back