1st Gen Headers on 2n Gens.. can you?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st Gen Headers on 2n Gens.. can you??

SwaintaN

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Carey, Ohio (Georgia Grown)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Topic was brought up to me about exhaust.. Can you use headers from a First Gen onto a 2nd gen along with cat convt? If so what goes into that kind of work.. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only chance you'd have of doing it is if the 2nd gen has the 4L OHV. I'd imagine it'd fit, but don't quote me on that.

we got the answer already from someone else, they dont fit due to porting issues. bummer.

If they are both ohv and the first gen has egr port then they should fit.up till 97 the ports are all the same.98 uses smaller ports so they should still fit.but in 98 they use different cats they are made to work with the fast burn ports of 98

O also I believe in 98 the headers use the stock y-pipe where earlier ones come with a y-pipe..

damn it your the man, i told him to ask you not me as soon as he asked!!:D:D:D:thumbsup:

Lol this came up when member #dono was getting headers for his 99.I told him you was selling a set but he researched it and pretty sure that info came up.the sell I think 90-93 with no eger and 94-97 with egr and 98-2001 that he ended up getting.they were a little different and used the stock y pipe I believe..

I do know 90-97 all have same ports and 90% sure same y-pipe

Back