2 12" Sub behind the Seats, Possible?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 12" Sub behind the Seats, Possible??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any plans to start buildin that box soon?

Yea, but i decided not to do it myself as i dont have the time, busy with final exams and stuff, but i hope to have it done by sometime next week.

lookin forward to seeing the completed project

lookin forward to seeing the completed project

hey that black thing is removable i belive its just a few bolts i removed mine and bought a pionner 12in shallow mount encloser meaning it came with box and speaker i payed 150 for all of it together from a audio shop i seen same box at wall mart for 200$ like a week after it fits nice n tight but you need to remove all plastic and black thing on bottom tell me how to post pics and ill post for you tomorrow

hey that black thing is removable i belive its just a few bolts i removed mine and bought a pionner 12in shallow mount encloser meaning it came with box and speaker i payed 150 for all of it together from a audio shop i seen same box at wall mart for 200$ like a week after it fits nice n tight but you need to remove all plastic and black thing on bottom tell me how to post pics and ill post for you tomorrow

Cool bro looking forward to it, and if you could give specs of the box so i could give a better description to the company that is building mine.

Thanks

(and hopefully mine is done by fri-sun going to go today to finalize the deal with installation company-pics will follow)

the box he is talking about is the one made by pioneer for those subs in particular. you could prob get the specs off the pioneer website if youreally wanted. i dont think they would be much help tho for what you are trying to do.

also im interested in seeing pics of that pioneer. idk how to post pics tho maybe someone else can chime in. i think you have to load them on to some type of server such as photobucket or myspace or something then link them to here? not sure

nice stuff fellas....just lead the way....i'm a bass hound, so I need to know how to make 'em 12's fit!

on mysporttrac.com there is a project someone wrote up on how to remove all the plastic/carpet from behind the rear seats...I removed mine and measured. This box from best buy will fit perfectly

Rockford sub enclosure

Ight Boys the truck went under the knife today, so happy finally getting those subs in, it is doable according to the company i am having it done by and i will post pictures as soon as it is done, and as soon as somebody tells me how to post picture lol :)

hey here is the link to my cardomain i only have one pic of it if you have a cardomain u should long in and rate my st tia sry for the thread jack o and btw u can always upload ur pics to myspace or cardomain or somewere and then put the link here some one told me that u can also use photo bucket but i have never worked with it so idk how to do that

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172732/3

if you remove the factory sub there will be added room im sure u could make a custom box or have one custom made and put the subs in there if u tilted them and if u want functional fold down back seats dont put subs under the seat because they wont fold down

hey here is the link to my cardomain i only have one pic of it if you have a cardomain u should long in and rate my st tia sry for the thread jack o and btw u can always upload ur pics to myspace or cardomain or somewere and then put the link here some one told me that u can also use photo bucket but i have never worked with it so idk how to do that

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172732/3

jeremy it looks like that sub would come in contact with the back of the seat especially when it is turned up. do you have a problem with that?

jeremy it looks like that sub would come in contact with the back of the seat especially when it is turned up. do you have a problem with that?

yeah it comes in contact with the top i moved some stuff around and i have 2 12" right now with the back seat folded down i also put a guard over the speaker so it would not get damnaged but it doesn't really hurt the sub that much but now the guard is on it i have to turn down the amp lvl's so its not the much bass i am thinking about doing this
http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/SeatAmp/STAmpInstallProject.pdf

so that way it doesnt touch and i might but another sub back thier with it or all 3 if possible

yeah it comes in contact with the top i moved some stuff around and i have 2 12" right now with the back seat folded down i also put a guard over the speaker so it would not get damnaged but it doesn't really hurt the sub that much but now the guard is on it i have to turn down the amp lvl's so its not the much bass i am thinking about doing this

so that way it doesnt touch and i might but another sub back thier with it or all 3 if possible

So you loose your back seats cuz they needed to be folded? and yeah i have 2 12" in too but there is a problem with the box, it doesnt fit cuz the back seats dont lock back into place(too much depth) so im ridin with 2 12" also with the seats down, and the place im getting it done from say they will create a new box trying to fit my 2 12'' cuz mine are phat lol and the pound like crazy, but jeremy when u have ur 2 12" pounding does something rattle like hell in the back retractable window (i believe it is the brakets for the window for mine)?

yea that looks like a good idea i might try that.

So you loose your back seats cuz they needed to be folded? and yeah i have 2 12" in too but there is a problem with the box, it doesnt fit cuz the back seats dont lock back into place(too much depth) so im ridin with 2 12" also with the seats down, and the place im getting it done from say they will create a new box trying to fit my 2 12'' cuz mine are phat lol and the pound like crazy, but jeremy when u have ur 2 12" pounding does something rattle like hell in the back retractable window (i believe it is the brakets for the window for mine)?

bro how much more space do you need to get them seats to click back. if i were you i would just find away do move the entire seat structure forward an inch or two. i know it has been done. just take a look at where everything is secured and im sure you can figure out how to inch it forward.

bro how much more space do you need to get them seats to click back. if i were you i would just find away do move the entire seat structure forward an inch or two. i know it has been done. just take a look at where everything is secured and im sure you can figure out how to inch it forward.

Yeah thats what they(the place i got the box installed) told me to do at first but i asked my friend who works at a dealership and he talked to people there and that is not the safest thing to do so i talked to the place that installed my box and they are going to try to push the box rite up against the back wall and use thinner mdf for the back well see how it turns out

no i dont get a rattle from back there just a little bit in the front. i took out the back seat so i could install that project and so i could turn up the other sub now all 3 are hitting it hits so hard that it gives u a head ache lol but i kinda like it. as long as ur back window works i wouldnt worry to much but it could just be something loose.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back