• Register Today It's free!

2 Door Rear Speaker Removal Help

SilverAndBlack

Reaction score
City, State
Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT SPORT
I have searched everywhere before posting here as I have been trolling these forums for a year now and have got several great tips on many other things so THANK YOU !!!

NOW......

I'm trying to change the speakers in my 2003 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Trac 2 Door. I have the front speakers done however the rear have given me some problems. I'm not quite sure how to remove the panel to get to the speakers. Again I have a 2 door so I notice a small square plastic piece that once removed has a bolt keeping the panel on, after removal the panel is still giving me some fight. Am I missing a bolt or something else ?? I noticed that part of the seat belt assembly is in the way, would I have to remove that also ?? If any of you could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was unaware they made a 2 door sport trac,but I have taken apart the entire interior multiples times changing up my audio set ups so maybe I can help. You said the back speakers are giving you trouble,but you said its a 2 door so where r the back speakers located if they are not in the back doors? Is it a 2 door explorer sport? Never heard of sport trac 2 door.

Point made wrong forum sub section Sport XLT haha

It happens, if you still can't find an answer on the other sub section post a pic up and I may be able to help

If you have a 2003 Sport, then I think its the same as my 2000 Sport. The metal grille pops off if you pry on it a little bit. Easy peasy.

If you have a 2003 Sport, then I think its the same as my 2000 Sport. The metal grille pops off if you pry on it a little bit. Easy peasy.

Exactly this, just pry up on the grille.

I appreciate the responses even tho this is in the wrong section. My speaker grills are plastic not metal, and I tred to pry them with no luck.. No worries at this point, the Kicker door speakers and stock rear speakers sound good with the 12" Kicker sub doing work. Thanks for your help

The plastic grill comes right off too. Simple and easy, just try not to break it.

You had an 2000 sport? Man I got alot of questions for you but don't know where to start. I wanted to do a whole install but I'm not familiar with this truck since I just got it a couple months back. Like where to run the wires through past the firewall. And also I wanted to change the rear speakers to 6x9s but don't know how that's gonna work out. Also do you have any pictures from your installs? I just need a start somewhere. I thought about mounting my amps under the rear seat but I don't think there's enough room. Where you mount yours? I know this thread is old and I don't even know if you're even still up here lol also mine is a 2 door

You had an 2000 sport? Man I got alot of questions for you but don't know where to start. I wanted to do a whole install but I'm not familiar with this truck since I just got it a couple months back. Like where to run the wires through past the firewall. And also I wanted to change the rear speakers to 6x9s but don't know how that's gonna work out. Also do you have any pictures from your installs? I just need a start somewhere. I thought about mounting my amps under the rear seat but I don't think there's enough room. Where you mount yours? I know this thread is old and I don't even know if you're even still up here lol also mine is a 2 door
Firewall has a grommet above the pedals.

Skip the 6x9s, they are outdated. Round speakers sound better, and a quality 6.5 will be easier to get, and be cheaper since they sell so many more of them.

Mounting the amps under the seat depends on the amp. Are they high quality? Do they have fans?

Firewall has a grommet above the pedals.

Skip the 6x9s, they are outdated. Round speakers sound better, and a quality 6.5 will be easier to get, and be cheaper since they sell so many more of them.

Mounting the amps under the seat depends on the amp. Are they high quality? Do they have fans?
I wish I could skip the 6x9s but I bought a set of morels for my Impala and the car broke down on me had to junk it so I got unused components. And the amp is a Rockford fosgate 1500.1bd and the Rockford 501x thank you so much for replying to a old thread I was gonna make a new one but I'm still trying to get used to the layout of this site

so I want to build a system in my 2001 ford explorer sport (2 door) I have upgraded the head unit to a Sony DSX-A415BT and that is it stock door speakers stock rear speakers no aftermarket amp and no sub. I want to upgrade the rear speakers first. I saw yall said the screens pop right off. do they pop back in? and what happened if they bend? next when it comps to doing a amp what should I get? and where should I put it. thank yall in advance.

It all comes down to budget. I’d probably put the amp under the rear seats, or do a mini amp, and put it behind/under the dash.

Why do you want to upgrade the rears first?

It all comes down to budget. I’d probably put the amp under the rear seats, or do a mini amp, and put it behind/under the dash.

Why do you want to upgrade the rears first?
well I wanted to do the rears first because one of them is making a weird sound on the higher octaves. but I belive I am going to do front and rear. what brand would you recommend for a low budget for front and rears.

Back