2 problems please advise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 problems please advise

bkcjames

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have 2008 mountaineer with 29,500 miles on it out of 3/36 warranty. I am having 2 concerns and both center around breaking. (1) When the car is coming to a slow stop it lurches right before it comes to a complete stop ( using light petal pressure. When you apply a stronger pressure it is ok. (2) New concern as the truck is slowing down there is a thump/ bang in the middle to front section of the truck. Only happens when the break is being applied. For this concern I had it at the dealer, they said that it was a a known issue and a simple reprogram would solve the concern. Well it did solve the concern for 1 stinking day and it is now back again. Transfer case perhaps? Any help would be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It might be the transmission solenoid. I have the same problem and the dealer says it will cost $1000 to fix it. I also got the reprogram done and it didn't fix it.

If it were my truck, and I had some sort of braking problem related to the front brakes, my first course of action would be to jack it up and remove the front wheels and inspect the pads, rotors, and calipers, particularly the caliper bolts to see if the caliper is moving freely.

i had the same problem it turned out to be a the tps sencor

Back