2 questions (defroster, back door locks) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 questions (defroster, back door locks)

bad_dog

Reaction score
1) Should you be able to open the back doors when they are locked, without having to pull up the unlock knob 1st? (child locks are disabled on the back doors)

2) Has anybody noticed that the windshield defroster is very slow to warm up enough to defrost the windshield?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Havent noticed, the locks yes this is what I thought, open from back.

1) Should you be able to open the back doors when they are locked, without having to pull up the unlock knob 1st? (child locks are disabled on the back doors)

2) Has anybody noticed that the windshield defroster is very slow to warm up enough to defrost the windshield?

Thanks.
Short answer to #1, NO. As for #2, haven't really noticed. I park in the garage at home.

It's funny, people don't know how to unlock the rear doors! Our BMW unlocks when you pull the handle (double pull to open) and most other new cars seem to have the lock integrated into the handle hardware. Having to reach back to the corner of the door to pull the little stick is quite the retro design.

Yes, I have noticed it takes forever to defrost the windshield. Not sure why.

Back