2 year project complete-351w,ford 9",dana 44, 35s, with pics | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 year project complete-351w,ford 9",dana 44, 35s, with pics

well i finally got the thing driveable. i am still lacking a front driveshaft (that is why i am bearly flexing in the pic, i had to creep up in 2wheel) the tranny pan has a slight leak, i need to replace a rear wheel seal but other then that its rockin. the 351 has about 55 psi when cold and about 25-30 hot. the motor runs cool, not sure how cool because i dont have a temp gauge but i am running a large electric fan, a rigid fan off the water pump, and a 160 degree thermostat. its a four core aluminum radiator that is the the same size as an explorer radiator. i am running the tranny cooler in the radiator and an aftermarket one. there are still quite a few little things i have to pick at to get right but its basically done... well it will never be done, but you know what i mean :D :D

heres the specs..

94 explorer sport

5.8 ford v8
edelbrock carb
edelbrock intake manifold
mild cam
four core aluminum radiator
160 degree thermostat
electric fan and rigid fan
tranny cooler
remote mount oil filter
aftermarket radiator overflow kit
ford racing valve covers
c-6 tranny with wicked shift kit
new process transfer case, not sure which one

suspension
fullsize dana 44 with bronco coils
bronco shock mounts and coil buckets
cheapo shocks front and rear
no sway bars
ford 9inch rear end
heavier duty spring packs in rear
custom shackles

custom dual exhaust with chambered glasspacks
5" monster tach
sony xplod deck
mechanical temp and oil pressure guages

16x10 pro comp polished aluminum rims
315/75/16 xterrains

and thats about all i can think of as of now... if you have any questions feel free to ask

drive shaft

you might beable to use your drive shafts with some mods
but in my case im going to custom shafts from fort wayne clutch.
at 450 to 500 hp and 500 ft tourqe will be twisting shafts all day long.

sweet, i was thinking of goin to fort wayne clutch(which is where i went for my kits after burnin my disc up twice, because the first time we forgot to put a shim in) i didn't know if they made them or not.

I know this thread is extremely old, but is there a chance of fixing the picture links? I would love to see it.

Back