• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2 year project complete-351w,ford 9",dana 44, 35s, with pics

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
same here with it being parents fault... he helped my brother and i build a gokart when we were like 8 and 10. the only difference is that my dad thought the whole idea was a good one and volunterred to help whenver i asked

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
well heres some more pictures i took today

the ford has its torsions twisted with 305/70s

this was the problem area in the exhaust

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
as you can see in the last pic my rear wheel seal needs to be fixed. when i have the axle shaft out it will be a good time for me to count the splines so i can order up my 4.10s and rear spool

bmxking5

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
Are you going with a mini spool? If you look at the Drivetrain Warehouse ad in Off-road Adventures, they have a deal for $140(?) for gears for a 9" and a free mini spool(for the 9"). :thumbsup:

Since it is full-width from a 79 Bronco, I'm 99% sure that they were all 31 spline. Obviously check though before ordering your stuff.

96limitedX

Reaction score
looks killer!! only thing..why carb? why not EFI? just wondering. it looks amazing though.

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
why carb, well i didnt have the money time or knowledge to go with efi. someday i would like to, but as for now, it has plenty of power and i havent had any problems with the carb yet.

tonight i think im going to make it out to a local cruz night. its going to be mostly old hot rods but im going to show up, if i ever get around to washin and waxin her.

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
bmxking i was actually looking at that ad the other day. i am trying to debate if i want to do that deal deal of the one where you buy front and rear gears plus instal kit for like 4 somthing. i dont know, but i am sure i am going to have my mechanic do the instal

Creager

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4
your sport is what ive always wanted! haha. 351 carbed, badass.

good job man.

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
thanks creager

i wish i had your 4.56s or your true trac....

Creager

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4
351wExplorer said:
thanks creager

i wish i had your 4.56s or your true trac....
shoot ill trade hahah!

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
looks bitchin man, I especially like the motor. was it a pretty tough install? (not like I could do it anyways with CA emissions crap :banghead:

and BMXQueen, whats up with this havin more flex thing :mattmoon:

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
the motor wasnt all that bad i guess.. i mean same obstocles as a 302 i guess, just a step up, because not many people have done it and you have to take in account for the wider deck.

bmxqueen, as you put it, out flexes his buddies and appearently likes to bring it up whenever possible....

how bout this. i outflex bmxqueen.. haha, just playin

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
creager you serious... i mean id love to trade you

NOT

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
Congrats, steering and all. Now you have a base for other upgrades. Good luck,
Don

Creager

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4
351wExplorer said:
creager you serious... i mean id love to trade you

NOT

ahah you ass.

BMX flex's for his buddies huh? uh too much info? hah jk

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
cdw6216r, about the steering, i ended up getting the saginaw pump working great. today i cranked the wheel and held it though and i blew the pressure line... i geuss my hose clamp wasnt strong enough :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:. i went up to a local shop and had them put a hydrolic fitting on the other end and it all worked out perfectly..

i just got back from the local cruise night and a couple of the hotrodders where impressed. the low rumble when its idling is the best sound in the world, and almost all of them smiled when i pulled in. a couple people walkin around took a look at it, its a good thing its tall enough that most of them couldnt see inside and see the huge mess of tools and such.

today i had to retard the timing a little bit because of spark knock, i played with the idle and got it all set but i cant find the sweet spot. im fearing the worst :( i believe i will have to run AT LEAST mid-grade in this motor. since i didnt build it i have no idea what the compresion is

as long as im posting a bunch of stuff is there anyone on the board with 4.10 ring and pinion sets front and rear for sale??

bmxking5

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
j602 said:
Josh would be me. Caleb would be XplorerKid. And we both outflex bmx. :D
Yeah right...MAYBE if I had on both of my sway bars, and springs from a full-size truck. :p

boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
i will outflex both of you ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Nice truck 351! I'm surprised I haven't seen this earlier.

-Drew