20" bullitt wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

20" bullitt wheels

Hi I am planning on buying some 20" bullitt wheels that I found here http://www.customwheelsmarket.com/f...g--oem-style---replica-silver---machined.html
and I emailed them asking if they could support the explorer's weight, and the guy told me that they could but I couldn't tow with them (not a problem) and that I would need a 1/2 inch spacer with the 20mm offset. I thought 20mm would work just fine since I have a 2wd and the wheels are 8.5" wide, am I missing something.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You would use the 20 Degree offset rim. You would need the spacer as suggested but I would think more than 1" with a 1" spacer (25mm) you would be a -5mm offset which still probably would'nt be enough as you would be rubbing your swaybar.

Stock Explorer wheels are 4.25" backspacing the rims your looking at are 5.54. Seems like you would need a 1.5-2" spacer to me.

I'm running a 11.5 wide tire and my wheels are -19mm offset with a 3.75 backspacing and I'm even with the fender.

Mac

a 2" spacer does not sound safe at all

ExplorerDMB said:
a 2" spacer does not sound safe at all

but is it really that big of a deal since the back spacing on the wheels is soo high. the spacers would simply make it like a regular wheels back space. or do u mean that thats too much stress on the lugs or something. i ran 2" spacers for a while... on 15x10" with 2.5" back space... with no problems. not saying its the right thing to do but i had no problems for the time i ran it like that.

with a spacer theres more stress on the studs then rims with less back spacing.

the less back spacing rim mounts even on the hub, and the rim goes out from that point.

the spacer pushes were the rim distributes its weight out more putting more leverage on the hub and studs.

sorry if that doesn't make sense im not too great at the written comunication thing.

I really don't want to have to run spacers. This offset and width thingis kinda confusing, so what offset and wheel width would I be able to run without spacers.
Thanks I really appreciate it guys.

MeGrog2 said:
I really don't want to have to run spacers. This offset and width thingis kinda confusing, so what offset and wheel width would I be able to run without spacers.
Thanks I really appreciate it guys.

No wheels in 20" would have the offset you need. I could'nt even find a rim in 16" with a 3.75 backspacing. It seems the larger diameter wheel the more offset and backspacing they have. Like I said I have a 8" wheel with 3.75 backspacing and a -19mm offset on my 01 sport and its perfect the wheel is flush with the fender.

Mac

Alright cool thanks for all the help

wanna see those wheels on a x

yea I really wanna get them but I really don't wanna run a spacer, I think I may get these instead
20x8.5
5x4.5
+14 offset
ACF75.jpg

You would still need spacers. You would probably want a 0mm offset. Go to a local shop and ask them what you need.

Mac

MeGrog2 said:
yea I really wanna get them but I really don't wanna run a spacer, I think I may get these instead
20x8.5
5x4.5
+14 offset
ACF75.jpg

Back