• Register Today It's free!

200 amp altanetor

tweet02

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
Anyone know were I can find a 200 amp alt. I have tried the local part stores, but they ant 400 bucs, and thats not going to happen. I have a high current audio sound system, and a yellow top bat in the rear for the amps, and a red top under the hood. My lights dimm like crazy, and the batt guage is doing a funky dance when the bass hits. Any help???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get ahold of dominick iraggi via email- he has many ebay listings which are an easy way to find his email (i can't remember exactly what it is and i'm too lazy to check my "contacts" list)

an alternator that is better than the stock one isnt going to be cheap- the "cheaper" manufacturers often have major issues with their product.

Anyone know were I can find a 200 amp alt. I have tried the local part stores, but they ant 400 bucs, and thats not going to happen. I have a high current audio sound system, and a yellow top bat in the rear for the amps, and a red top under the hood. My lights dimm like crazy, and the batt guage is doing a funky dance when the bass hits. Any help???

How many farads of capacitance are you running? As long as you have a battery isolator, you can run a stock alternator for a while. A 200 amp constant duty alternator is a specialty item, it's gonna cost. The huge caps will even the power, and reduce the light dimming.

btw-

what is in your audio system?

your going to need the 240 amp iraggi "dominator" series or whatever he calls it and a couple of deep cycles to really maximize what you have going on there-

i use svr audio batteries in my truck/can maybe hook you up with some

sounds like you have a nice system

Ebay. 200 amp for 5.4 sell sometimes for $199

Back