• Register Today It's free!

2000 5r55e Tranny's

Daniel72221

Reaction score
City, State
Alvin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford explorer XLS
2000 explorer XLS . 5r55e. Don't know what solenoids go to what. With ignition on not running one coil getting warm. Insulation 6 or so inches away I can see where insulation got hot got hard and cracked and now sits in fluid. Don't know if that itself is issue . Have to manually shift from 1st to 2nd then drive which rpms then go up. Then turn off OD and it will then hit upper gears. No reverse. Barely moves. Haynes book ain't helping any more than it has. Old School, just learning electronic motions of the shifting. Anyone have time to teach?

One of the finest sources of trans fixes and info:

In this case type in 5r55e in the top left search box (search by title).

2000 explorer XLS . 5r55e. Don't know what solenoids go to what. With ignition on not running one coil getting warm. Insulation 6 or so inches away I can see where insulation got hot got hard and cracked and now sits in fluid. Don't know if that itself is issue . Have to manually shift from 1st to 2nd then drive which rpms then go up. Then turn off OD and it will then hit upper gears. No reverse. Barely moves. Haynes book ain't helping any more than it has. Old School, just learning electronic motions of the shifting. Anyone have time to teach?
Do the separator plate while you're in there. Unfortunately I'm having issues with my 5R55E too. Be careful with the valve body I just replaced mine with a nice reman and I'm having worse issues

No reverse and no drive unless low and 2nd and or OD off is a sign of a broken input sprag. Input sprag is located inside the transmission, it will have to be rebuilt to fix this issue.

Back