2000 ex lean bank 1 &2 codes scanner readings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 ex lean bank 1 &2 codes scanner readings

joe doe

Reaction score
City, State
slatington,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ex sport 4.0 ohv
my 2000 ex sport has started throwning the lean bank 1 &2 codes p0171-p0174.......i have read everywhere about this leaky intake gaskets and orings problem.but it seems more geared to the ohc engine ....i have the ohv 4.0 engine ..is the leaky gaskets also a problem on the ohv engine??i tried cleaning the mass air but the codes came back.i tried the spraying around the intake trick but i didnt see any idle fluxuations or anything ...unless i did it wrong.i bought a obdII scanner and scanned the system .....heres what i got .....this was while engine was cold ...
fuel sys1 status -closeloop
calculated load 28-30%
short term fuel trim
bank1-.001-.002
bank2-.000-.003
bank3-.060-.092(fluxuates)
bank4-.010-.096(fluxuates)

long term trim
bank1-.014%
bank2-.016%
bank3-.096%
bank4-.067%

mass air sensor reading -.003g/s went up with more throttle

all this kinda baffles me ,can anyone make me understand this data??or tell me what you make of it .the engine was cold at the time ....the intake air was like 43 degrees.......i can take more readings with a warm engine if we need to go there ...thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

the same codes came up on mine and i cleared them and they havent come back and i have the same engine

give it a few days ,these things just dont clear up on thier own......mine take a few days to come back too,but they always come back.i cleared mine then had to drive it a hundred miles or so befor i could get thru the emissions test.....i made it thru but that lights gotta go....lol..i think next week i,m getting the intake gaskets done.

well mine have been gone for about 3 weeks and they haven't shown back up yet

hhmm.....is it cold there yet?these things seem to trip codes more when its cold because when its cold the orings shrink more.thats my understanding of this all.

Back