2000 Explorer front windsheild washer fluid not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer front windsheild washer fluid not working

Jbacon11

Reaction score
City, State
Pike, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Hello,

When I push the button the washer fluid doesn't come out and I cant here the motor running, the wipers come on but the fluid dosn't come out. However The washer fluid for the rear window works.

Are there two different motors for them or is something else wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

the first gens had two separate containers as well as motors, im assuming the second gen is similar.

I'f I were you i would unbolt the front container from the fender well and clean the electrical contacts with di-electric cleaner. I did this and now mine works fine. If this doesn't help, you may need a new motor, go to a junkyard im sure they're cheap.

Good Luck

same thing happen to me

same thing is happening to me on my 98 explorer my rear washer works but my front doesnt. i was at the garage the other day for general maintenace and they said to replace it would take about an hour, and the motor is located underneath the front washer fluid bin

I'd be willing to bet it's your MFS (multi function switch a.k.a. turn signal switch)

Mine does the same thing. Sometimes it works fine and other times not at all. I know it's my MFS as I have wiggle it to get my left turn signal to work as well.

Back