2000 explorer wiper motor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 explorer wiper motor

mstenko

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 2000 explorer and the rear wiper does not work. I replaced the motor and still no good. I checked the fuse and it is ok. I button that controls the wiper works when you push it for the washer but the wiper is a no go. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome mstenko

that sux bout ur wiper motor

There are 3 fuses that are in this circuit. In the fuse box on the side of the dash board, check (with an ohm meter!) fuses #12 and #26.

Then, on the left front fender apron, check fuse #8. Not all of these are specific to the rear wiper, but ALL are involved in the circuitry and can have an affect on operation.

There is a switch on the rear window that shuts off the wiper motor if the window is open. Ensure this switch is operating correctly. If it thinks the window is open, the wiper will not run.

Next, in the same box under the hood, there are two relays. A rear wiper up relay and a rear wiper down relay. Check and replace as necessary.

Finally, if you still can't get things working, then you either have bad wiring, or the GEM is bad as it handles and controls all the inputs for correct operation.

There is another relay in the Auxillary Relay Box, but it's for the washer, so you shouldn't have to deal with it.

Oh yea...just because the washer works doesn't mean the switch is still good.

thumping noise

if you hear a thumping noise about every few seconds (with the wiper on high), then it might just need a "push" to get going again.

mine was on the blink, but i heard a thumping sound in the tailgate like it wanted to go but wouldn't. i tugged on the wiper along it's sweep path and viola...it began working again. wouldn't use too much force though.

if you hear a thumping noise about every few seconds (with the wiper on high), then it might just need a "push" to get going again.

mine was on the blink, but i heard a thumping sound in the tailgate like it wanted to go but wouldn't. i tugged on the wiper along it's sweep path and viola...it began working again. wouldn't use too much force though.

That only works so many times tho, and then it quits for good. I had the pleasure of dealing with that. :D

Back