2000 Limited heater temp problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Limited heater temp problem

bragl123

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited
In 2009 I replaced my thermostat acct dash guage didn't register nominal temp. Heater wasn't working either. Afterwards guage and heater worked great. This year, guage works fine, but the heater is putting out nominal heat, even when temp is set to 90 degrees. I checked my fluid levels in the resevoir, but the radiator level. The resevoir at cold is at the cold fill mark. Where is the hot level mark? Hopefully, when I check the radiator level it will be down some and that will fix my temp issue. I have the electronic temp control, not the manual lever type temp control. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

First step is to check if both heater hoses are getting hot.

Thanks for the suggestion. I took a short drive. I think the temp was pretty close to normal, but it hadn't been there long. The bottom hose wasn't hot. The top hose was hot, but I could hold on to it. I checked the radiator when the engine had cooled down and the level was at the top. I guess it I will have to get it checked. Hopefully it is the flo-valve inside the bottom hose...I guess that is the hose that it is in. If it is sticking closed, then either the valve is bad or it isn't getting enough or any vacume from the vacume hose attached to it. Again...this is what I have read in various forums. I haven't had the radiator flushed in a few years, but I had the thermostat replaced last year. I will have to check to see if the shop receipt I had that work done to see if they flushed the fluid.

Back