Wanted - 2000 Ranger/ Chapman alarm problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted 2000 Ranger/ Chapman alarm problems

Parts or services wanted

blu55

Reaction score
City, State
Eureka,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer/ 2000 Ranger
Howdy !, Ive got a 98 EB & 2000 Ranger so this site is a no brainer for me, First, Thanks everyone for the lifesaving (not to mention $$ saving ) info. I just acquired the ranger and the previous owner purchased it from the dealer new with an alarm, thats all he remembers, after going through some trials and info here I managed to trace the problem to the alarm system. Its a Chapman, I disconnected the ir-s sensor and re-wired a button I found in the kick panel and it now starts and runs, However the alarm goes off every time I open the door, I need to purchase a remote for this but other than the name "Chapman" I cant seem to find any information on it. What type is it ? How & what does it do ? Can I get a replacement remote and will that solve my problems?, can I purchase paperwork for this? it looks to be seriously connected! but should I seriously disconnect it ? Does anyone knows where to find info on these ? Thanks again Folks for all the Info!!

If you bought it from the original owner, can't you just ask him what dealer he got it at, and then go ask them for some help?

Back