• Register Today It's free!

2000 XLT engine removal

darjen

Reaction score
City, State
Liverpool NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT, 00 XLT
I have had a Ticking noise and poor idle in my 2000, took it to the dealer they replaced the "front" cam chain tensioner. After a while the ticking came back, took it back to a dealer, they said they would have to pull the engine to "check" the "rear" cam chain tentioner. Just wondering if anybody has had any exper. with this. It has 27000 miles on it. so it is covered under warr. but Iam affraid once the engine is pulled it will never be the same.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have pulled many engines under warranty at work. Everyone I have done has ran like a top when done. Most dealerships have one guy who does engines. And this guy does nothing but engines. So he knows his stuff. Look at it this way. If it breaks again they fix it for free. Now I know that you will be out a vehicle for the time period, but atleast you are not having to pay for it.

Eric

dont think about it, it will seem different when you get it back, but it will be the same, you will just be looking for something that is wrong (i did it to, but you get over it).

they will give you a loaner car, so at least you wont be out of a car (they gave me a loaner anyway)

Don't worry ... be happy.
My worst nightmare came true.
I had ticks, clangs and all that stuff for +50K miles.
Then I had tensioners put in, cam guides and my engine blew.
Now that I have a one that works, I know what I was missing since I owned the car.
(and I now know that an SOHC DOES HAVE a lot a pep and does get out of its own way!)

You're a head of the game, your're not paying.
I had to kick in part of the bill.

PS it was my rear timing chain that spun out

Thanks guys, They are gonig to give a loaner. I guess you are right it could be worse, i could be paying for it

Back