2001 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Explorer Sport

Hi- I actually got my explorer almost a year ago but I just found the site, my e-mail is Crayola06@aol.com, I'm always looking for companys that make after market products for my car (mainly exterior) like euro taillights, billet grills, lowering kits, body kits, clear corners...which I dont seem to have too much luck finding because of the body change in 2001 on the sport...if anyone can help me out that'd be great!! Thanks

Granada Hills, Ca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also have a 2001 X Sport
and as of right now I have had no luck finding any of these either:euro tails, billet grills, lowering kits, body kits, and clear corners. Also by the looks of it we might need to wait alittle while for them......
I am saving my money for Subs and an amp, tinting my windows, AirIntake, Super Chip and exhaust. Let me know if you got any pictures of your X.

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport, lots of mods, mostly custom since they do not make much yet. I would love to get some tail lights. But for now I will just stick to spray tint for them. Check out the link in my signiture.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE (who the hell is Pete?) LET ME AND ALL THE 2001+ SPORT OWNERS KNOW OF ANY SITES OR PARTS THAT COME AVAILABLE!:bounce:

Thanks

I am just wondering what type of bulbs you got on the fog lights and turn lights.... i cant wait till they get clear corners for our truck

Lets all start a damn petition and send to all the aftermarket companies. Im still searching for the following: ( if you come across any of these for 2001 sport let me know)

1-body kit
2-lowering kit ( may resort to TT )
3-clear diamond corners - they have it for the expedition y not the sport!
4-black billet grill saw once on a website but forgot the site!!!!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by 2k1exsport
Lets all start a damn petition and send to all the aftermarket companies. Im still searching for the following: ( if you come across any of these for 2001 sport let me know)

1-body kit
2-lowering kit ( may resort to TT )
3-clear diamond corners - they have it for the expedition y not the sport!
4-black billet grill saw once on a website but forgot the site!!!!!!!:fire:

I'm in for the petition. My list is a little different:

1-Speed Grille
2-New ground effects
3-Fog light brackets for aftermarket lights
4-Better looking(sportier) rear bumper
5-Eibach springs for lowered Explorers

I don't care about the clear lenses but I realize that many people do. If they made tails that look as good as the new Altima I would go for it!

do you guys think manufacturers would respond to petitions if they are large enough? because im sure everyone has one modification they would like to do but cant because no one makes the proper parts. i think its worth a shot.

p.s. i did find the black billet grill and a very nice brushed,polished, regular aluminum dash kit for the 2001 sports and other x's

black billet grill- www.stylinconcepts.com
dash kit- www.legendfive.com

Originally posted by 2k1exsport
do you guys think manufacturers would respond to petitions if they are large enough? because im sure everyone has one modification they would like to do but cant because no one makes the proper parts. i think its worth a shot.

p.s. i did find the black billet grill and a very nice brushed,polished, regular aluminum dash kit for the 2001 sports and other x's

black billet grill- www.stylinconcepts.com
dash kit- www.legendfive.com

It all depends on how many people you get and the company in particular.

Euro Tails for New Explorers

Guys, I found the Euros at Clearlights.com
I just noticed that you were looking for them, and I started looking!

false alarm :( not for the 2001 sport....just for explorers 98-01 (4-door)...once again our little sport is neglected....:nono:

there is a section for "gen 2" explorers which i assume is the 2002 4-door, inside info: a friend of the family was given a set of euros made for the sport to see how they would sell in his aftermarket shop (no actual selling just to measure interest) and demand was not high enough, the 90 pairs that were actually made had been reserved and went out of the country, so the 2001 sport euros do not exist in america, they might try again later....so people need to speak up and show interest for the companys to get off their lazy ***** and make some

Originally posted by 2001XSport
there is a section for "gen 2" explorers which i assume is the 2002 4-door, inside info: a friend of the family was given a set of euros made for the sport to see how they would sell in his aftermarket shop (no actual selling just to measure interest) and demand was not high enough, the 90 pairs that were actually made had been reserved and went out of the country, so the 2001 sport euros do not exist in america, they might try again later....so people need to speak up and show interest for the companys to get off their lazy ***** and make some

I believe Gen 2 refers to 95-01. Which company did the trial on the tails?

Ah the rigors of having the 'oddball' Explorer!!:D
If you'd like, you can try
www.mysporttrac.com
for any goodies you want for the front clip (ie; grills, pushbars, turn sig. upgrades, etc). There aftermarket parts section is real good and many of there prices are great because they have alot of site sponsor prices. Anyways, it may be worth a look.

thanks becker! :thumbsup:

Back