• Register Today It's free!

2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 blues.

iw396

Reaction score
City, State
coulterville,ill
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 4x4 ford ranger
What up ford world? I,ve got 4x4 problems on my 2001 ranger. I turn 4x4 switch to 4 wheel hi or low an i hear the 4x4 control mod. clicking but the 4x4 indacator light in dash dosnt light up. Took 4x4 motor apart and its not gumed up still has white molley grease on worm gear. Does everyone agree my trouble is the control mod?:thumbdwn::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is also a switch in the TC that tells the control mod what position the TC is in. It is possible that this needs to be cleaned/repaired. Did you check all your fuses?

Are the all the other dash and radio lights working properly? The only reason I ask is that I had an Explorer that had a problem in the dash lights dimmer switch that caused the 4x4 light to not work and the radio lights to not dim.

were is this tc switch located? ill try looking at that 4 a cure

I have a 98 4x2 2.5. Looking at buying a 2001 4x4 auto. how are the transmissions and do the rear shackle brackets still rust off? what else should I look at? 120,000 miles.

Back