Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Honda Accord
Ray Lobato
Los Banos CA

2001 Ranger Edge Supercab
3.0L V6 2WD Stock

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Ray Lobato
Ray Lobato
Los Banos CA

2001 Ranger Edge Supercab
3.0L V6 2WD Stock

Picture?

Picture coming soon

I saw one on the road last week. It was a reg cab and it looked cool!! Looks like they took the bumper from the 99 or 00 sport. The dash is the same as the 01 sports, but we all new that was going to happen.

Ray, welcome to the Ranger club! Did you get it to be your daily driver? What made you decide on the 3.0 vs. 4.0?

Hi Bill,
Yea sort of. I'll still be using the Passat more than the Ranger, but the Ranger will do alot better than my Explorer will at this moment. It still has the 3.55's in it and I won't be able to change them until the ARB gets here. When the Explorer was in the shop for mods, we found out how much we used it to haul stuff around and was not able to do anything just having the Passat. It was fine for just running around with the kids, but we were also in the process of getting the back yard landscaped and it really hindered us not having the Explorer.
We also figured that if I buy another car, like a Jetta or Honda or similar vehicle, that it would just be a commuter car with nothing else to offer. If we bought a truck with an extended cab, we could use it for hauling and still use it to go somewhere with the 2 younger children, and because the price of the Ranger was easy on my pocket book, it would be ideal. At the dealership they didn't have any 2wd Rangers with the 4 liter, just the 3.0 and the 2.9. The 4wd Rangers all had the 4.0, but we also needed to concider gas mileage, plus they were an extra 4 grand. I though about getting the XLT with the 3rd door, but Sandy really liked the Edge, so we got that instead.

WHat? I thought the Edge came with the 4.0 SOHC standard? Did they change the ext cab to 3 doors instead of 4?

All the 2wd Edges that were at the dealership were 3.0L.
As far as the XLT's being 3 or 4 door, I just opened one door and really didn't pay too much attention to the back, so maybe it is 4 doors. You know when you look at something that really didn't catch you eye all that much, you don't pay that much attention. I didn't like the color and really only thought that the extra door would be nice. Maybe it was extra 2 doors. It was that ugly metallic orange color.
You can get the extended cab on the Edge, but it doesn't come with the extra door/s, only the XLT has them.

OK, I got ya. The XLT ext cab is 4 doors. My 99 was ext 4dr. It was nice, but a 3.0 2wd.

I like the burnt copper color, not sure how it looks on a ranger. The one I saw was red, looked nice.

Ranger Edge

I have a 99 XLT not much change different hood and grill on the 2001 but the main thing about the edge is the color matched bumpers and running boards other than that basically the same truck

wanted an edge but bought used with 25,000 miles on it $8000.00 cheaper

heres my 00 tearin it up offroad!

coves1.jpg

Back