2001 Sport----What Stock Stereo Will Work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport----What Stock Stereo Will Work?

Firedawgy

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4x4
Daughter brought her 01 Explorer Sport home today, the newer body style not the older one. Anyway the cd was jammed and kicking on and off so its time to replace it. The number of the stereo is 1L2F-18C815-HA and its a AM/FM/CD and I don't believe she has the cd changer. Will any other stereos work or do I need to to look for this specific one? I know most of the 01+ stereos look the same but can they intermatch? Thanks yall

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anything from a Ford product that is '98 or newer and has the two holes on each side(needs to look somewhat similar). There are a few 6 disc options out.

From what i have found you will probably find an aftermarket cd player cheaper than a replacement factory one. Besides having an aftermarket one be a better unit.

From what i have found you will probably find an aftermarket cd player cheaper than a replacement factory one. Besides having an aftermarket one be a better unit.

Why? They're ugly and you have to use that worthless space with them.

Why? They're ugly and you have to use that worthless space with them.

Why is an aftermarket unit better? Where do I start...More built in power. More features. Better d/a converter. Better radio reception. Easier to upgrade latter. Must I go on.

As for the "ugly" space when using a single din unit. Then use a double din unit. No space then.

Asking why use an aftermarket cd unit is like asking why not just take your truck to the dealer for every repair and all maintenance.

And I do ask why, because even in the title it says 'stock'.

I was trying to give a suggestion to also look at the aftermarket. He should be able to find a better one cheaper. If he wants a factory one fine. But I was just trying to say that he should explore all of his options.

Back