2001 ST brake controller wiring - Brake Switch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 ST brake controller wiring - Brake Switch

Team Chepsk8

Reaction score
City, State
Easton PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trak
I'm in the process of replacing an old U-Haul controller with a Tekonsha Prodigy P2. Heard all sords of great things. Also replacing the under-hood circuit breaker, and re-doing the trailer wiring.

Is there any issues or specific wire to use for the brake input to the controller?

My ST does not have the factory package, and I want to make sure the wiring already in the truck is correct.

Many Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The brake switch has a few that put out voltage, but the paperwork on the controller says the green one. Any concurring votes?

Number 4, light green (BPPS to stoplamps)

02BPPSwitch.gif

Thanks.

I was going to add a doide for protection. A good idea?

Don't think you need a diode. All that wire does is activate the trailer brake lights. I'll assume the P2 is like all modern controllers and the actual braking is controlled by the swinging internal pendulum.

All wired up and installed. Did use the green wire. Also fixed some trailer brake wiring issues. I actually have good trailer brakes now!

Thank you for all the help. :salute:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

Back