2002-2005 Explorer Front Lower Control Arms | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002-2005 Explorer Front Lower Control Arms

03Explo20

Reaction score
City, State
Jonestown, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT
Anybody recently change out a lower control arm on a 2002-2005 Explorer? Any write-ups around? I found a video on Youtube for a 2006 that looks as if it should be the same or close to my 2003 setup. I think the bushings are shot on mine plus the darn rust on the arms is pretty bad.

Just curious if anyone has done these and what I should expect.

Anybody recently change out a lower control arm on a 2002-2005 Explorer? Any write-ups around? I found a video on Youtube for a 2006 that looks as if it should be the same or close to my 2003 setup. I think the bushings are shot on mine plus the darn rust on the arms is pretty bad.

Just curious if anyone has done these and what I should expect.
IF what I think you are talking about, yes, you should expect HELL.

Talking front or rears?

I only managed to replace 1 of the 2 I bought of these More Information for ACDELCO 45G9366
Still have the other for the passenger side.

The torque amount on the front lower control arm bolts are ungodly, I had nothing that would budge it.

the rears More Information for MEVOTECH MK80100 didn't look like they would be difficult. But I didnt buy em, try em, and mine were in decent condition.

Pray to all known Gods, you have a southern truck. That has never seen salted roads.

Back