• Register Today It's free!

2002 airbag light problem

EK98

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4x4
We have a 2002 and the airbag light just came on. Manual says to go get it serviced, and I am wondering if this is really necessary. What does this mean and what do you think I should do? I checked the flashing code that the light gives and it appeared to be 3-4-3-4.

Thanks for any help!

WWW.VeryUseful.Com has a list of SRS codes. It says: 34 Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Low Resistance or Shorted. It could be a short or just a bad connection which usually indicates a high resistance code. Clean the yellow connector under the seat, and clear the code. See if the code comes back.

Thanks I'll have to do that. So the mustangs use the same codes as our explorers? Also to get the code cleared, will taking it to autozone work or do I have to go to Ford? Thanks

They are Ford codes. They are a little different in certain years. That website has listings for other years too. You could either clear the code with a scanner which is capable of reading these codes, or you could disconnect the battery, and reconnect it after a few minutes. Your vehicle will have to go through a new learning process at this point, so it may feel funny for about 10 miles or so.

Back